Sunday, March 24, 2013

Stage Construction Project at EE - 3/30/13

Dear members of EE,

My name is Michael Eaton, I am a Boy Scout, and I am on my way to becoming an Eagle rank. I am pleased to announce that I am beginning an Eagle Scout project that will enrich the quality of the facilities at Extraordinary Education Center (EE), and invite you all to join me in the construction of this project. We will be building an adaptable stage for group meetings and presentations for use in EE's new(ish) portable buildings.

PH03427IaThe project will take place on Saturday, March 30 at EE from 10 am to sometime in the afternoon (it's hard to determine how long it will take to complete), likely between 2 and 4 pm. Volunteers of all ages are invited to come participate, and lunch will be provided free of charge.

P8160138 We will be assembling pieces of wood together to form platforms of various sizes to be used as a versatile stage/risers. If there is time, we will also prime and paint the platforms. Please bring work gloves and any power screwdrivers you may have. Please also wear close-toe shoes and painting clothes.

The address for EE is 9522 Carraway Lane, Magnolia, TX, 77354. Lunch will be provided for volunteers. Please RSVP at my e-mail, michael.eaton779@gmail.com to insure that we have enough lunch for everyone. (Please include "RSVP" or "Eagle Project" in the subject line). You can also ask any questions you may have by e-mail as well.

Thank you, and I hope to see many of you at the project!

-Michael Eaton, ASPL for BSA Troop 1945

TKD Winners!

Congratulations to EE’s competitors (Peoples TKD Program): Ethan Bauder, Jack Alderson, Claire Alderson, Caden Alderson, Cruz Suarez, Grant ...